Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Fest

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey, I guess I dont know how the egg fest works. Why in the world are all those eggs in the pictures so white? The inside of my egg is beautiful shade of DARK BLACK. You dont bring your own egg?

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    cward,
    The eggs are provided by the BGE HQ. After the event, they are sold at a discounted price. This frees up any cooks from having to bring their egg.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Wardster,
    Well that makes a lot of sense. I would have been to afraid to take my egg off the deck. Its spent its life there and wouldnt know what to do if it had to be moved. So what do you bring to the fest?

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    cward, it gets even worse. At least one person who bought an egg noticed that the inside of his was a little "light brown" from the day's cooking. He wanted to know how you clean it. I explained that cleaning the inside of the dome was not something that needs to be done. Now, the grill he ad was a different story. :-)

• Wise One
    cward, if you're going to cook, bring all the food, utensils, small plates, plastic fork, serving platter. If you're not cooking, bring your appetite.

• Wise One, How do you know if there is going to be enough eggs?

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    cward,
    That is determined by the number of people that sign up to cook.

• Wise One
    cward, this year there were more eggs than ever (30 I believe) and they ran longer than usual (people were still pulling food off at 4:30 or so). But I think that everyone who wanted to cook, got an opportunity to cook. I stil think we can improve on the process Current process:if you get there early, you go grab an available egg. If you get there late you walk around and ask if you can have the egg when they are done (and ask when they will be done). Maybe a master sign up sheet to see what eggs are being used when would help.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    cward,[p]Hey...virgins happen only once. They produce something very nice, but not HALF as nice as a well seasoned, burnt in, "man-I've-had-a-good-life" egg. Cleanliness may be next to godliness, but a good seasoned egg is heaven on earth.[p]mShark
  • JJ, thats right. when I registered initially, I signed up to cook. When I got there on sat. I just went to an egg that was not being used, set up, fired her up. The BGE folks provide everything, except food and tools you use. This includes: lump, firestarters, and they had some pizza stones that they were passing out.