Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL Egg Smoke Leakage

Bama64
Bama64 Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Help Needed!

Had my XL Egg 2 years and love it.

I have had increasing smoke leakage from back and done all of the adjusting and installing new felt I can. Have heard there are some strengthened/improved hinges available. Does anyone know what might be available and where? I sent a message to BGE customer Service with no response.

Thanks

Comments

• I might try slightly loosening all the bolts that hold the hinge and metal bands together, situating the dome so that you have a good seal, then tightening them back up in stages while making sure that dome is sitting properly.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    I was looking (just looking) at the XL, the dealer said because of the diamter the dome closes a little differently. When the is closed it to be tugged a little to get a good seal.

XL users will have jump in and help you with this.

If you have a visible gap or no pull on the dollar bill test chances are you are going to end up with problems.

GG
  • Bama64
    Bama64 Posts: 2
    Thanks I will give it another try.