Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

daisy top wobbles on large egg HELP!

Options
dcb
dcb Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got our new large egg and we were ready to cook. The dmft top doesn't fit snugly. Seems like the neck of the egg flares at the bottom. Feels like it could fall off (it hasn't when we lift the top). Trying to decide if we need to return egg (big job!) have others had this issue?

Comments

• Weekend Warrior
    Options
    It's fine. Relax. Start cooking!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    dcb,

From my experience with all 4 of my eggs, l,m,s,m the DFMT are somewhat lose.

I only feel concerned on the small and mini. Later on, after I get the brakes changed (on the car - not the egg) I will go out and see if there is any wobble.

At some point in time you could put some gasket material inside the DFMT to get a tighter fit.

My large would not stayed on if the dome was tipped back far enough, but not with the normal opening. I don't open the dome fast so it hasn't really been a concern for me.

GG
  • Blazer
    Blazer Posts: 47
    Options
    I had the same problem with my new Large BGE a couple of months ago. Neither the daisy wheel top or the ceramic top fit all the way down. Over the phone, BGE said it was no problem, but I felt it was not right so I asked my dealer. He felt the same way and decided the dome lid was made poorly. So he delivered a new egg to me the next day. Both lids fit all the way down now.
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    One of the screws on my daisy wheel protruded and caused it to wobble. I put a washer under the screwhead and then it fit flush.
  • Just ship your egg to me and I'll test it out for you. I'll make sure to test it thoroughly and send it back to you in a few dozen months.

Seriously, though, I'd advise putting some gasket material on there for a tighter seal, but you needn't worry that it's not locked on there. It just sits on top of the vent.