Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

recipe for turkey

Options
Dean
Dean Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning to cook a turkey in my BGE this Thanksgiving and am looking for recipes. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for your assistance.[p]Dean

Comments

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    Dean,
    All I do is wash my turkey inside & out, spray with Pam or the like, and put on a VTR. Sometimes I add a handful of fruit or hickory chips. I use the digital thermometer and when it hits 180 degrees, it's done. Some people are using brine, but the salt concentrate keeps my high blood pressure from doing that. Some people also use the VRP. I find it cooks faster with the VTR.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Dean, here is a link to a real treat that Puj cooked two years ago at EGGtoberfest.

[ul][li]Puj's PDK Turkey[/ul]
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Dean,
    I inject my turkey the night before with a mixture of chicken brooth, liquid crab boil, onion and garlic, Cajun seasoning and butter. I lightly rub the breast with olive oil, then coat with Cajun seasoning, onion/garlic powder and black pepper.
    I cook indirectly over a drip pan, directly on the grill. At 350, it's about a 3 hour cook on a 20 pound bird.
    Hope that helps.

• sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    Dean,[p]This is what I use for a recipe:[p]http://www.foodtv.com/recipes/re-c1/0,6255,8865,00.html[p]Just substitute using a BGE over an oven, but otherwise, do everything the same. It'll cook a tad faster in the BGE, but that's what the Polder's for.[p]--sdb