Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye w/veggies

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked a ribeye tonight for first time on my cast iron grate. Fired up the egg with a chimney starter using my leftover lump from last week (almost a full load). I reached 600 in about 18 minutes from start. Cooked at 600 for about 2 minutes per side. I did the veggies on my gasser. I tried no marrinade after some criticism from a few friends here. IMHO i like a steak better with a little italian marinade for about one hour before the cook. I always use a 50% italian and a 50% soy sauce type marinade and they turn out awesome. With this one I tried fresh cracked pepper and salt only. It was very good but I think i have spoiled myself with that marinade. Im going to try some other spices before I go back to the marinade. Maybe some of that raising the steaks.

Before
IMG_4054.jpg

After
IMG_4060.jpg

Comments