Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza stone

Options
Strmn2Smoke
Strmn2Smoke Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can anyone tell me what they feel is the empirical pizza stone?
(For the medium Egg)Thanks for any opinions...nde

Comments

• JonLadd
    JonLadd Posts: 18
    Options
    Strmn2smoke,
    Not that this is your answer, but here is a good source for stones of various types:[p]http://www.fantes.com/pizza.htm

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Strmn2smoke,[p]The BGE stone if you are using it in the egg. If you want something for use in a home oven under 500º, a cheap clay one from Target would do you just fine.[p]Ashley
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Strmn2smoke,[p]I can tell you that I have only a Bge pizza stone and I have had it 4 years. Never had a moments trouble with it either. It has gone from in the rain wet to right in the Egg and never faltered. I have been on this forum for 4+ years and I have read dozens and dozens of posts from people who have not been as lucky with other brands of stones. Pampered Chief comes to mind as the #1 problem stone as reported here by many. I have heard others claim their brand to be of high quality, so I am sure others do well too. My opinion is call Bge and order one because it works and holds up. [p]Tim