Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings.... Ala Fidel

BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well a few months ago fidel and i cooked with a few other eggers in agusta ga.....

TRI_0111.jpg

2008-05-31010.jpg

well the store we were cooking at just happen to be getting rid of all of their john henry rubs.. i had never tried any of them so fidel bought me two for helping him unload his truck...

also 2 weekends ago i stopped by fidel's house and stole some of his blues hog.. so tonight i decided to try them together

here are my wings after the JH wing rub was applied

DSCN1104.jpg

here they are after a few flips

DSCN1107.jpg

and one of after the sauce ;)

DSCN1109.jpg

my son did not want sauce on his so that is why they are only half sauced....

one last picture i had recieved a couple emails requesting a newer pic of the baby.. so i got one that was appropriate for this forum

DSCN1102.jpg

thanks rod B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Ike Witt
    Ike Witt Posts: 195
    Great set of pics tb. The last one says it all.

best
    allen
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    LOL. What did that child have to eat? Absolutely great pic. Great looking wings as well.
    Still working on BH Finishing sauce and Raspberry Chiplote. If you liked the sauce, you will like these as well.

Mike
  • Now there is a happy Egger
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    dem!..that kinda looks like my wife when I fix her ribs!!..hehe..j/k..great lookin young'un there! ;)
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Nice pictures and cute baby Terry...Look forward to seeing you and Rod at Eggtoberfest.

Larry
  • Nice wings and even nicer photo. Looks like my lads 25 years ago - off to the shower. Your grocery bill is about to go through the roof. :)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Great that last pic, can't ask for a more satisfying smile and "simpático" bebé. Felicidades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I don't deserve any credit....sure looks like that young'un enjoyed it though (whatever dinner was).

I meant to tell you that the JH Hot Wing Rub is super salty. I used it for the first time this past weekend and meant to say something to you.
  • BENTE
    the sauce was pretty good!!! but i may have used the wrong thing with the JH.. it was a strange taste but like fidel said it tastes diffrent after it has been "egged" a little

and she had eaten raveoli {sp}

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    yea she had a egged hot dog not long ago well i made it a "octodog" B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    yep the reason to get out of bed

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    yes thank god she takes after her mom

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    i can't wait until eggtoberfest ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    shoot i have an egg it is already through the roof

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    yes she is a pretty good baby most of the time :pinch:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    yea i have used a good bit of it.... i have gotten pretty good results with it though... but is like biting a salt celler every now and then :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Did you chill it first? Raviloi (Sp), what about chili next time if you want a big mess? LOL To dang cute.

Mike
  • BENTE
    well when i got home i had to sample it...... and it says refrigerate after opening... so to answer your question yes i did chill it first :whistle:

and she seems to like raviloi and i am sure i am not allowed to make chili for her :ohmy:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    The "Mr. Mom" thing came to mind. :ohmy: She is chowing no matter what. Love those toothers pics.
    Mike
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Looking good. What types of JH rubs?
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Good looking bird and classic shot of the young'un! You add smoke wood to the last cook pic or just from the sause?
  • Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Great picture of your son. Is he going to be the future Egg champion of the World?
  • BENTE
    he got me hot wing rub and pecan i have almost used all of thye pecan up :blush:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    no just from the lid being up :pinch:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    yes she will ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb