Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pancetta, does it get any betta?

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am a lucky guy, I come home a little early from work and my wife tells me to fire up the egg, she has a surprise, so I fire it up, & she hands me shrimp wrapped in garden sage & pancetta drizzled in olive oil:

IMG_1533.jpg
IMG_1534.jpg

So I fire it up:

IMG_1537.jpg
IMG_1538.jpg

& serve it with homemade rice balls & three tomato/basil salad:

IMG_1539.jpg

sorry, this one is a little blurry

IMG_1540.jpg
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Looks great man :woohoo: It's much easier to take pics when the dome stays up huh? :laugh: Glad you got it fixed :woohoo:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Nice looking, I prefer Pancetta or Proscuitto over bacon any day.

Mike
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    You better treat that gal with TLC.You are a lucky man.I agree with both you and Mike on Pancetta and Proscuitto as it will crisp up well without having to pre cook it like like bacon.
  • Ike Witt
    Ike Witt Posts: 195
    Options
    Nice lookin zip. What temp and time ?

best
    allen
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Raised grid, between 350-400, about 10 minutes, adjusted for a few sips of wine :lol:
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Options
    You got that right. And after viewing your setup, I have been inspired, however, I am working with limited space in the current egg-zone. Of course, I have all that room in the back yard to build whatever, but most of that area is currently in constant use as a wiffleball/baseball/football/soccer run-around-like-a-freak-ball field for the boy & his buds, so for the time being I am trying to keep it to the patio:
    IMG_1542.jpg
    happy in the hut
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    I hear ya Zippy.That run-around-like-a freak-ball is my son's favorite game :lol: It looks like you have more patio space than I have deckspace though.I think you could pile a few more eggs in there :whistle:;)
  • Zippylip
    Options
    As a pure matter of measurement, I agree, however, see that broken down table & the 4 green chairs that are all cracked from being blasted by a rock-hard football(from their secondary use placed side-by-side as an end zone for mid-winter field goal practice), during the spring, summer & fall I feel need for the table to hold my beverage & one of the chairs to hold my *** while I sit, consume, listen to music, entertain whoever is in the other 3 chairs & gaze at the egg in action - life is good :lol:
    happy in the hut
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Yea,I understand ;) Like I said earlier,I got as many eggs as I have chairs :blush: I need more deckspace.Maybe someday soon :whistle:
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    Not only does that food look awesome, but pancetta/betta- you rock!

(sorry, I know sarcasm doesn't translate well in print) :)

Great job!

Walt
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Looks great!! Tell me more about the rice balls! :woohoo:
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Combine 2 cups of cooked short grain rice, 4 eggs, & 2 cups pecorino for the basic recipe, this can be rolled into golf-ball sized balls, dredged in flour, eggwash & breadcrumbs & fried for a simple appetizer, or you can add anything else that comes to mind. Traditionally they include peas & some kind of meat, chooped. The ones here are much larger & a tomato/meat ragu was added to the center by rolling the ball, making a well, adding the ragu then sealing... they are great at room temperature so they can be made in advance - give'm a try ;)
    happy in the hut