Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well, it finally happened

porchegg
porchegg Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know everybody has a tale of a flashback. I have been very careful to always burp my egg everytime I raised the lid to avoid having a problem. Then today I get in a hurry to get something off and.....ouch. Not many hairs left on the left arm. Then low and behold I pull my skillet off with the mushroom and onions to take it inside and a few minutes later I decide to touch the skillet :blush: ouch again. And yes it was the left hand. Well, I guess I've got those out of the way. Now for the right arm. :whistle:

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    we have all did it... those who have not have not had their egg long enough....

in fact it is like a rite of passage... kind of like doing a butt overnight without a power draft system ;)

congrats and welcome to the hairless arm club...

when i had my first i was eggin wearing my boxers only. and had to go to work at the nightclub that night.. needless to say i came home by my self that night :whistle::blush:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Oh yeah, your other job at the night club ... yeah, that it ... the night club!!!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    well i did work in a night club for 13 years then met the wife.. had to quit after that no need in still going there :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    ya'll forgive him..he's from eastern kentucky and they know not what they do over there!! :P j/k porch..glad you weren't injured seriously!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    While I was putting together the above mentioned Eggsperiment I accidentally got my Egg cooking at 900 degs. Ouch!!!

Well I immediately shut down the bottom vent and the egg started the drop back to 400. I opened the dome ever so slowly and the flames shot out the uncovered top.

Sounded like a small jet... Glad my face wasn't there looking in.

It was then I realized that the Whiz was right. Take the top off and let that VOC combustion out the top and not over the felt. Saved my felt and the hair on my body.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Not exactly on target but it came to mind when I read your post. A few years ago I broke my wrist and it had to be repaired with plates & pins. After the cast came off I needed what would be weeks of physical therapy. Before starting they did some tests, one of which was putting pegs in the holes of a device akin to a cribbage board. They tested both hands and surpriingly I did better with the one that had been operated on! My response: "Better get out the hammer!!" 8 - ) Hope you heal quickly!