Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Count Down To Eggtoberfest--6 Days

Earl
Earl Posts: 468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ribs1.JPG
<p />Well as i just mentioned to Chris ( Nature Boy ) we have a crew of 7 friends that get away to a camp each year & this year i bought a trailer to haul around my eggs & other goodies i need to take to the cooking comps. Well, just as well cause after all i cooked on the two eggs i brought, ribs, pork chops, beer butt chicken, pickerel. The swines, made me sleep in it with my sleeping bag,heater & mattress. All this cause i snore to load & they get the 3 bed room cottage.
I cooked 8 racks of baby backs with a mustard coating & a dry rub. Cooked on rib racks at 250F, one egg was direct & the other was direct but i used a grill extender to see if there would be a difference in cooking time. Beleive it or not, there was a 1/2 hr still needed on the raised ribs. Must have been due to some being closer to the heat.
Enjoy the picks with over 200 people coming to eggfest, these are only a start of whats to come.[p]Earl

Comments

• Earl
    ribs-potatos.JPG
    <p />Earl,[p]The potatos were great & only had a small taste of smoke. They were on for almost 3 hrs cooing & what was left went for homefries ( Canadian word.LOL ) next morning.[p]Earl
  • Earl
    rib-dinner.JPG
    <p />Earl,[p] This is part of my family, little did i know they would eat my ribs & then just like survivor they voted to have me sleep outside cause i snore I even had two operations to correct this but no good. ( feel sorry for me yet, well don't cause i took the leftover ribs out there with me.LOL[p]Earl
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Earl,
    I only see one thing missing on that table....Wheres the baby beers.
    Larry

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Earl,[p]Do you know if there will be any extra pizza stones around? What I am cooking requires a pizza stone and I hate the thought of taking mine on the plane. Not only is it heavy, but I am absolutely sure to destroy it. It's just my way! I'm very destructive lately.[p]Thanks and looking forward to seeing EVERYONE there. I am even giving up participating in the basset hound shuffle for this event so you know how special you are.[p]mShark
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    MollyShark,
    There will be a pizza stone available for you. I talked to the powers to be and made sure that you will have what you need.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    JJ,[p]Why you sweet thing..I mean thang (20 years and I still don't have this Texas down yet. Chicago dies hard).[p]Today is some recipe perfecting and trials. Temperature dropped about 30 degrees, windy as hell, should be perfect for getting a high flame and torching the neighborhood! If you don't see me at the Fest, I'm the one with the singed edges.[p]mShark