Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with dinner tonight - Lamb & Scallops

Options
Synblade
Synblade Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi there! I need a little advice for the dinner I'm going to cook tonight.

I have a couple pounds of lamb ribs given to me by a friend, and when I got them I originally thought they were going to be similar to the frenched rack of lamb here - http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesLambChops.html But it turns out they look more like spare ribs.

I also have 2.5 pounds of huge sea scallops from costco. I'd like to cook them so they're both done at around the same time -- I don't necessarily have to cook them at the same time.

What I was thinking was to put the lamb ribs on at 230 for 3-4 hours, then take them off and crank it up to 400 to cook the scallops. I have heard about planked scallops as well and that sounded interesting to try.

Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks!

Btw this is what I have to work with:
copyofimg0865vd2.jpg

Comments

• Synblade
    Options
    Update on the scallops, I'm not sure if these are "dry" ones or not but I assume so because nothing I've bought from costco before has been processed in any way. They are classified as "Grade A scallops U-10"
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I'd bacon wrap the scallops, not around the circumferance, but across the diameter,season, and cook those as high in the dome as you can. They wont take long. I'm not sure about the lamb, it almost looked like bacon from the photo.Haha.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Lamb breast can be stuffed and then cooked on the egg.
    A rice stuffing with greek seasoning would be good.
    I just would google lamd breast and use what siunds good to you. I treat my egg as an outdoor oven tnhta give me wood smoke flavor. I have not changed any recipe because I am using an egg to smoke/grill on.

Emil
  • Synblade
    Options
    Ended up putting a little bit of mustard on them, then raging river and some extra cumin, and put on the egg with cherry wood chips at 250 degrees. I'll see what they look like in 3 hours :)

img0866hn0.jpg