Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Cooking Class!!!

vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to the Mothership for holding another great cooking class. This one was on bread making and John Hall (Egret) made some fantastic bread. We also did pizzas, calzones and the always popular Rusty Rooster (Tom Chamberlain) CIDO peach cobbler...thanks to Bobby and Randy and all the Mothership staff for a great event...it was good to see Damon, Sam & Diane and meet JoEllen (sp?) and new Doug....

if you ever get a chance to go to one of the classes do it as you will learn a lot... :cheer:

Comments

• Sounds like you had a good time Kim. Hope you learn a lot. We will be picking your brain. Wish it was not so far from here, would love to take a course like that.
  • captjo
    captjo Posts: 93
    I also enjoyed it! I'm glad I made the drive. It was very nice to meet you and Ginny, Kim!
    I sent my hubby off to work with a request to bring me home a box of pizza dough from Sams Club so I can start baking! Sorry Egret, I have to start out gently, but I will make my own when I master the baking! :)

Thanks to everyone in Atlanta for making me feel welcome! Next time, I'm getting a hotel! Long drive home!

Bobby, Randy,Annie and Lou...you were all a pleasure!
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Jo,

Glad you made it home safely. Ginny asked me last night, is she driving all the way home? I said I hope not...

Good luck with you demos & the bread making...
  • captjo
    I got halfway home and wished I had stayed over. It was a lot of driving in one day.

I'm going to Target to get my Airbakes today! Thank You!

Jo
    aka: captjo
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I would have loved to attend, Thursdays are hard for me. Glad you all enjoyed it.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Mike:

There may be some cooking classes being done here in the Tampa area soon. I'm trying to get a friend of mine to become a dealer and if he does we will probably set up some sort of classes. I'll let you know more as things develop.

Where are we having lunch this month?

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I've asked about this before and will keep asking BGE headquarters. Can there be dealers in every state offering cooking classes? It would generate sells and promote a great commotion umong the bbq enthusiests. Im sure of it. Also spark interest of restaraunts that offer bbq or have bbq interests.
    Not a bad thing!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • captjo
    Hi Molly,
    Sure, there can be cooking classes at every BGE dealer, but it's up to them to do it. Let your dealer know that you'd like to see it. Then, get every other egghead in the area to ask the dealer the same! They'll give in, and they'll love the rewards!
    Good luck!
    Jo
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Jo, I was taking a bicycle ride last friday and ran across a local Ace Hardware celebrating 55 yrs. All they had was the bge out with lump burning and I inquired about them cooking breakast and or lunch and the reply was no. So I gave my speach. I need to go back and talk to the manager for follow up.
    One dealer at a time, Huh?
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE