Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Williams-Sonoma Spice

Marc  from IL
Marc from IL Posts: 499
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone ever use this stuff?? Got this from a friend, He gives great review.
IMG_5655.jpgMarc

Comments

• Sweathog
    Sweathog Posts: 75
    I tried it on the recommendation of one my friends at work. I thought it was OK. Personally, I like DP's Red Eye Express much better. However, I guess it truly ultimately a matter of personal taste.

Sweathog
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    I haven't had that one but I love Q-Babe's coffee crusted pork (recipe section) be sure to make the sauce also- killer combo.

Walt
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    200% in agreement with your endorsement! That recipe plus the sauce is a company pleasing-WOWSER on the BGE!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • psiman
    psiman Posts: 7
    I've tried several "coffee rubs". Here is the one that has been the most well received:

1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 TB fennel seeds, toasted
    1 tsp finely ground espresso coffee
    2 tsp whole peppercorns
    1 tsp coarse sea salt

Grind the rosemary, fennel seeds, peppercorns, and sea salt together using a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder. Transfer to a small bowl and add the olive oil and coffee. Rub over the steak to coat completely.

Great on tri-tip & flank steak.
  • If you look closely at the background, it appears you've got a wild animal ready to pounce on the rub...