Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en:Salmon w/ puff pastery and pesto

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was watching Stike's woman on Everyday Italian and the salmon reciep looked good and adaptable to the egg. Hear is the recipe from Giada:

4 pieces of purchased puff pastry, each cut to be just larger than a piece of salmon
4 (4 to 6-ounce) pieces salmon
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup purchased pesto
2 tomatoes, sliced

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
On a foil-lined baking sheet, place the 4 pieces of puff pastry. Also place the 4 pieces of salmon, being careful to make sure they are not touching. Sprinkle each piece of salmon with 1 tablespoon of the sliced almonds. Bake for 10 minutes.

To serve, place each piece of puff pastry on a plate. Top each puff pastry with 1 tablespoon of pesto. Top the pesto with 2 slices of tomatoes each. Top the tomatoes with the salmon and serve.

Only change was lime slice, Old Bay, and my "special" peppers on mine for some kick. Also cooked 18 min as Egg only advradged 325-350 due to drop when placing food in the Egg. Really good and quick for a fancy looking,great taste,quick and easy meal. Total time from lighting Egg to feeding was a little less than an hr.

1stsjune146.jpg

1stsjune148.jpg

1stsjune149.jpg

1stsjune151.jpg

Comments