Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp Guage Test Delay

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tim M, the test is up to you --I was going to check out my new cordless temp gauge with a Boston Butt starting this evening - then I remembered that I was totally out my favorite diet food -beef jerky - since we all have favorites, it will be on the BGE at about 5am tomorrow.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    nutone2.jpg
    <p />Gfw,
    The test will have to remain with you. My calander (and freezer) are empty except for ribs. I have had both my probes set up all night and the thing seems to work fine. I have one outside and the other downstairs in the fam room and the display flips from one to the other. [p]Tim

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Tim M ,
    Exactly what did you order? It looks like you have three probes, two transmitters, and a remote display device. I must have one but have been putting off ordering while I hunted for something that will monitor egg temp too. I know they make something that will read that high. Maybe NASA has something.

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    try checking with a "process" engineering supply house. We use them on our reactors and other applications, that go up to 1700 degrees. I know you'd probably have to remove the existing thermometer and replace it with a thermo-coupler well, then insert a sensor to pick up the temp from the dome. It may sound complicated, but really its not! Its used in the manufacturing industry and food industry all the time. If you want some more info, e-mail me & I'll fill you in. That way we don't tie up the forum.[p]Dr. Chicken