Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Invitation To The Coop Party

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok Eggheads... It's time to put out the official invitation to the Coop Party, or as Chubby prefers to call it... a Coop-Di-Doo.

This means ALL Eggheads, everywhere. And even those who are just Ceramic Heads or wanting to see what the Egg is all about.

This party has been two years in the making, frequently punctuated by 'moments of concern.' But now its time to 'git 'er done.'

The details are in a special web site I set up: http://chickencoopparty.blogspot.com/ but here are some of the basics:

The date is October 4th. That means anytime from about 9:00 AM 'til...

The location is here at the famed Chicken Ranch, Spring Texas USA (No it's not the one in Nevada)

You don't have to bring anything or cook anything, unless you want to. We'll have plenty to eat and drink.

If you want to enjoy the party with abandon, we have listed some nearby hotels and made arrangements to shuttle you back and forth.

If you are flying in we can even pick you up at the airport.

We've tried to think of everything to make the Eggsperience a fun time, so come on down and enjoy meeting your Co-Eggheads. It'll be a great way to warm up for the Eggtoberfest whether you plan to go or not.

Be sure to go to the web site for more details http://chickencoopparty.blogspot.com/, and if you want to come please scroll on down to the RSVP section where you can just copy and paste the questions, along with your answers, to an email addressed to : springchickentexas@comcast.net. That way we can better plan for your arrival.

Hoping to see you here.

Spring Hen and Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Spaceman Spiff
    Options
    Let's have a virtual coop party for those of us that will not be able to attend with our corporeal bodies.

Let's see - what will I virtually cook and what kind of beverage will I bring.

Spacey
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Man, I hope Rodney Dangerbird has the security in place for a rowdy party like that.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Have fun but don't wake any of the dead! 8 - )
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I'm rechecking my schedule to see if there is ANY WAY to slide this in but I really doubt it. If I could do it in 2 days might be a go but just a little to far for a drive and get there one day and drive and get home the next all the while "cooking some'en and tipping a couple, as Bean says, Limonaid's".
    I did read your invite and saw where Eggs are offered with the use of a "gasser" Not sure your worthey of hosting this party or not !! :laugh:
    Even if we don't make it a heart felt thank you to you AND ESPECIALLY THE HEN!! (She's the one who will do the real work while you hob nob) ;)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Ha... Great idea, but I noticed you didn't say it would be a virtual beverage LOL...

So, maybe you can copy a photo of the Coop, then one of yourself which you can paste on the Coop photo in different places throughout the day. Be sure to include some of you sipping a suds or two while eating a pulled pork samich or some ABT's.

Hey, it's better than missing it altogether.

Spring "An Solution To Every Problem" Chicken
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Thanks for the acknowlegement of the hard work. The Chicken will be hard at work manning the beer keg and the margarita machine...hee..hee.. Sure wish you could come but I do understand the distance problem. You'll be here in spirit though. I was looking forward to Jake taking on Rodney Dangerbird! Rodney needs his feathers clipped. Regarding the gasser...it is for storage of cast iron pots only but on the 4th we will fire it up (if it will even start after so many years) to use as a warming oven. Hope you are trying to get to Atlanta this year - that is one that is not to be missed for any reason. Take care.
    Spring "missing out on Jake" Hen
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Rodney may be quiet but he carries a big drumstick. He is a bit nervious but assures me he can handle the security part if I can handle the rest.

Well that does it... We'd better beef up security 'cause I plan to be part of the problem LOL...

Spring "The Countdown Has Started" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Oh, you know about the cemetery behind the Coop, do you? But if they haven't awakened in the last 20 years, I doubt they will do it during the party.

It would be cool though, unless they cause a problem for Rodney Dangerbird. How do you impose the "Shoot Now and Inquire Later" rule on dead peoples?

Spring "Parties Are For Live Peoples" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Yea... What Spring Hen said in the wrong place.

I suppose I could send the family jet up to get you but there's a slight problem. It has something to do with my funds being frozen at the Texas Lottery Commission until such time as I buy one of their %$#& Lottery Tickets.

Thus, my order for the jet is also on hold, as is the fuel to make it go.

But it sure would be nice if you could be here.

Spring "Day Late And Seven Million Dollars Short" Chicken
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Silver bullets!! 8 - )
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    We'll be there! Chubby's not coming,.....is he?

LR
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    For those of us who can't make it, I fully expect live WEB cams to be up and running for all to see. :laugh:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Ohhh that's a scary thought.

GG
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thought about that but that's all the cops need to put us away for a very long time LOL

Spring "Staying Hidden For A Reason" Chicken
  • WileECoyote
    Options
    Very nice of the chicken and hen to plan and host such a wonderful event!

The wife and I have contemplated a move to Texas so we thought about attending to meet the crew and take in the local scenery after the coop party, however we have to save our vacation time for October when we will be visiting Florida for 1-2 weeks of life on the beach.

May you all have a safe and fun time with rodney.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thank you sir. But we promised when the Coop was finished we would have some sort of 'Open Coop' party. We never really finished it but it's far enough along to break it in.

Frankly, we're probably going to be doing something new to it from now on but that's the fun of a project like this. The ideas just keep coming so we just keep adding them.

Meanwhile, it would certainly be a great opportunity to see what the Houston area is like for your next lifestyle adventure. It's really a nice place to live in spite of the heat and humidity for about 3 or 4 months a year. That's why the Mexicans invented 'Siesta.' It's a great invention.

You won't have to worry about being snowed in. Well, let me back up on that. We got a 'dusting' of snow a few years ago and that was enough to keep everyone home for the day. So we all slept in and drank hot chocolate in front of our ornimental gas-log fireplaces. It was Heaven, but the next day we were running the A/C again. Go figure.

You've got two months to figure out a way to get here for the party.

We'll leave the light on for you.

Spring "Never Too Late To Say Yes" Chicken