Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Night's Pizza

run4jc
run4jc Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first try at homemade pizza dough. Made 2 - one with pepperoni and one with leftover smoked chicken. Cooked the first on the egg at 500 for about 25 minutes - put it in the oven to keep warm. While the first cooked, had the second in a 375 degree oven 'precooking' then finished it on the 500 degree egg for an additional 10 minutes. Made the crust nice and crispy. After these were done, cooled down the egg and loaded on a pork butt! Separate post later.

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    :)
    It's a little after 7 a.m. here in Ca. and I'm having tea and I'm hungry. Your pizzza is looking mighty good to me. Nice job. :woohoo:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • run4jc
    run4jc Posts: 107
    Thanks - it was good. Waitin' right now for the butt to hit 190 - it's been hanging at 183 for a while now. Just put on potatoes to bake - getting ready to put a peach cobbler on around noon eastern.

Gotta ride my bike more - all this egg cookery can add to one's waistline, but it sure does make cooking fun.

Here's that butt I mentioned hanging on at 183 - I only opened it long enough to add the potatoes!

IMG_1833.jpg
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Looks like you will have some good eats. My uncle is making hash browns for breafast, not quite the same as your cook.

Enjoy,
    Bordello