Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

whole salmon

hounddog
hounddog Posts: 126
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had very unsatisfactory results with using whole salmon before. I was unhappy with the way my marinade took and with level of smoke. I tried this method and was very happy.[p]Take whole cleaned fish, sans head and tail. Make slicing cut across the body sufficient to cut skin and some flesh, but no further. Repeat 4 or 5 times on a side. Flip fish and repeat.[p]Now take your fish and marinade it overnight in whatever. I used a tequila lime commercial sauce, but a teriyaki would be good, anything you like.[p]Next morning, pull fish from marinade, place indirect on smoking egg at lowest temperature you can hold. Two hours or so and fish is done. Pull off fire, let cool somewhat. Peel skin off one side of fish and carefully remove flesh from carcass, sliding flesh off of the backbone with spoons. Flip and repeat. Squeeze lemon over all.
Serve. Watch your fingers when you serve. I almost lost a couple to some hungry guests.

Comments