Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

butt rub

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
vacation in Seaside and noticed that Byrons Butt Rubb is from that area. Called the dist. center and was invited over. A very nice lady showed me around (worth the trip) and introduced me to Unca Duke's Geaux Jus. THis is out of this world and from the Butt Rubb people. The story she told me when I told her i used an egg was about the 2 large BGE's in the center. He went to a large cookoff and ask his pit people (Jed or somthing like that) to supply him at the cookoff. The did not and he ask Egg. Egg did and sent him 2 to the office to learn skills on. Them egg people are ok....
The only bad part of the story is when I went to the airport in Fort Walton Beach they kept my Unca Duke's Geaux Jus. Can not go on flight, I only hope someone is getting use of it today.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Hey Mickey,

I'll try locating some of that sauce based on your recommendations...sorry to hear that you had to leave yours behind. Very cool that the BGE people sent them something to work with.
  • Mickey
    Options
    they have the buttrub around austin, not the sauce.
    buttrub.com
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    That's a true story. Byron is an old friend of mine and his sales manager Robert has been an egger for a long time so BGE was happy to help him out. Last time I spoke with him he was using his XL at cookoffs.

The Geaux Jus is kind of new but it's getting rave reviews so I suspect you'll be seeing it around. If not I think you can order it from buttrub.com
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Mickey
    Options
    the Jus is very good, i ordered 2 this morning.
    at the store/dist point they have 2 large BGE sitting.
    I had told the lady that this seemed like it would be ok to just add more juice when out and she took me to the fridge and showed me what they do: they pull out the peppers and grind them, make a paste, put it back in bottle - it is better than the liquid from the start...
    just a bunch of nice people