Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mac & Cheese

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a confession. Don't know how to make mac-n-cheese except from a box.

-Pause: for laughter, disbeleif, scorn, ridicule, etc.....I deserve it.

Just would like to do a simple, baked dish on the egg in either the Dutch Oven or Corning Ware Dish. The web is full of all kinds of stuff but none seem to be what I want, which is something simple but maybe adding some premium cheese or something to take it up a notch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Grillmama
    Grillmama Posts: 194
    Options
    I will stand beside you! If they are going to laugh at you then they can laugh at me. I don't know how to make it either except from the box. I like it though. :blush:

We are mac & cheese challenged! :laugh:
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    This has been a popular mac & cheese recipe from Egret, done at Eggfest '06.

Pasta, Mac & Cheese, Wine, Egret

1 1/2 Cups Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
    1/4 Cup Chopped Oonion
    3 Tbs Butter, Melted
    3 Tbs All-Purpose Flour
    1 1/2 Cups Milk
    1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
    1/2 Tsp Salt
    Pepper to Taste
    3 Cups/12 Ozs. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Divided
    Paprika
    Dry Bread Crumbs

1 Establish BGE at 350°F. Indirect
    2 On range top :
    3 Cook macaroni, drain and set aside. Sauté onion in butter in heavy saucepan; add flour, stirring until mixture is smooth. Cook one minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and wine; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; add salt, pepper, and 8 ounces of cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Add macaroni and mix well.
    4 Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with 4 oz. cheese, paprika and bread crumbs. Cover and bake in BGE for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 15 minutes. Remove and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Pasta

Recipe Source
    Author: John Hall (egret)

Source: BGE Florida Eggfest '06, Egret
  • Is that wine from his own winery?
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Thanks Jerry!

RB