Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tandoori Chicken

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is the second time I egged it. Did it indirect raised grill at 550. Used the same recipe from Maddhur Jaffrey's cookbook. This time I put the breast on first.

IMG_0267.jpg

Everything was cooked right this time and it was very good. Served with stove topped cauliflower with fennel and mustard from the same cook book and Tandoor chef frozen naan. The naan was surprise it was good. Put it on the egg for 1 minute

Comments

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Looks great Tom. I am just getting ready to make som naan dough as I type this. Frozen? hmmmm
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • TomM24
    Options
    I have never made any breads and my wife hasn't since we put the bread maker away. Been thinking about trying some. Maybe after I get some more inspiration from your cook.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    You don't need a bread maker at all. I just fished the dough and it will proof for at least 4 hours to double in size before it will be ready. All done by hand. If you need the recipe let me know.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 40
    Options
    What seasonings were on the chicken? What temp did you take the meat to?

Anthony
  • TomM24
    Options
    There is lemon salt onions chili and garam marsala in the yogurt. Around here you can get the garam marsala at any store it has cardamon cinnamon cloves pepercorns and nutmeg. The breast was 165 the thighs and leg 185. Put the breast on first ten minutes later the thigh five minutes later the drumstick. Everything finished at the same time complete luck. Last time I put them all on at the same time and overcooked the breast.