Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CRAB APPLES what to do.

Big'un
Big'un Posts: 5,909
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got a boo koo of crabapples. Ive already made jelly and tried a few things. I posted this request before, but got limited replies. Anybody have good ideas on what to do with crabapples?. Thanks!

Comments

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    You can make some kind of wine or liquor from them - there are all kinds of stories of moose up here eating fermented crab apples then going on drunken rampages. :)
  • Big'un
    Well hey there, Melissa. Glad to hear from you! Drunken moose on rampages? Are you sure this isn't a guise to allow you to continue your moose tipping antics? :woohoo: That's a good idea of making liquer. I don't have the stuff to make wine with. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Are you and Brent coming to Octoberfest?
  • AlaskanC
    Sheesh - I can't tip critters that don't even live here! No meese on Baranof Island. :lol:

I don't know what our travel schedule is for the next few months - Brent has 4 different cases that he will be testifying in and we can't commit to anything until we know what the dates are...... and those can change at a moment's notice.

So its a definite maybe!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Sure would be nice if you could share a few photos of your Jamaica adventure.

Spring "Been Everywhere Via Someone Else's Photos" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • AlaskanC
    ok ok - I will get on that today.

Thanks for reminding me. B)
  • Big'un
    Well, I sure hope yall can make it. I know we all would love to see yall make it!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    stuff a loin with them!!!!

if you would have made it to agusta you would have been able to try it first.... ;)

Pork, Tenderloin, Stuffed, Bente

Pork Tenderloins butterflied
    1 cup chopped apple
    1/4 cup chopped raisins
    1/2 cup chopped green onions
    3 tbs balsamic vinegar
    couple shakes of your favorite rub

1 put couple shakes of rub on the butterflied tenderloins
    2 add balsamic vinegar
    3 spread onions, raisins, and apples over tenderloin..
    4 roll tenderloin up, and tie.. do not worry if some of the stuffing comes out but get it tight enough to keep most of the mixture in..
    5 egg direct at 400 for about 20 min turning a few times. until 145..
    6 cut off string, slice, and enjoy ;)

Recipe Type
    Barbecue, Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: T Bente

Source: BGE Forum on 2008/05/31

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb