Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moving Large BGE

Options
Okeejohn
Okeejohn Posts: 297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a BGE in a Nest. I want to move it to the table I bought for the Egg at the dealer. I have help with my cousin but I want to know how should I approach this? Should I separate the lid from the dome or move it as one piece. Any suggestions?

John
Okeechobee, Fl

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning John:

Personnally I would NOT separate the dome and base. Just take out the internals and I'm sure the two of you can easily handle the Egg itself. Then put the internals back in. HTH

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Clean it our and remove everything from inside the egg, including the firebox. Two of you should be able to handle it at that point. Just be sure to avoid the band as a leverage point.

We did this with our egg. Take it form the nest and rest on the table. Regroup and put in the table opening.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    This is how the hubby & I recently did it. Took all the insides out and gave it a good cleaning with the shop vac.
  • Okeejohn
    Okeejohn Posts: 297
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice. I like the one where you set it on the table and then regroup. Didn't think about that one..definitely will do that.

John
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    That is the easiest way I've found.

I had a friend that did not follow this advice. He tried to load his large in a truck by himself with all of the guts inside. Funny thing happened, the guts ended up on the outside when it hit the ground. Luckily he only needed a base.
  • BoneDaddy's
    Options
    So I have moved minei and out of my table 3 or 4 times bynyself. I remove the insides and the lid and secure the sprint with the platic tabs. I can get it in andout pretty eaily. Works well for me.
    Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering