Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Caramelized Onion & Sage with Goat Cheese Pie

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a bumper crop of sage this year so I am make'n a lot of pizza. A few fresh dough balls:
003.jpg
A couple hours later:
014.jpg
016.jpg
018.jpg
019.jpg
021.jpg
After 9 minutes at 500 degrees:
025.jpg
028.jpg
And now, its Miller Time :lol:
034.jpg
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Zippylip,

That looks so good! My wife does an amazing rollable flatbread dough and the caramelized onions and goat cheese are our favourite toppings. After taht it's roasted garlic, peccorino and roasted peppers.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    couldn't agree more, our favorite too, the sage has been an addition over the last 2 years (first time growing it last summer) & it compliments the onion & goat cheese so well it oughta be a crime
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    You know I have decided it is a good thing that more people do not have eggs. Just think of all the people that would be out of work as the pizza joints alone close up due to better pizza at home. and the steak houses and the burger joints and all the other places that we can cook better than! LOL
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    That one good looking slice of pizza. Not my favorite beer but tough to go wrong with beer and pizza. I have never had that combo on a pie but it sounds good.