Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oklahoma vs Texas Football

skitzafranek
skitzafranek Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am dying to go to this game once in my life. If anyone knows anyone with tickets at a reasonable price please let me know. I don't care which side I sit on I just would like to go. Thank you, Chad

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    When it is 6:25 in Manhattan what time is it in Norman?

Mike
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    It's 4:25 and OU sucks!

Hook 'Em
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    "reasonable price" and this rivalry are mutually exclusive in my experience! Best bet is to show up and buy scalped tix about 2 minutes after kickoff. Good luck

skitzafranek wrote:
    I am dying to go to this game once in my life. If anyone knows anyone with tickets at a reasonable price please let me know. I don't care which side I sit on I just would like to go. Thank you, Chad
  • Car Wash Mike
    It is actually 35 to 7. 2003 Big 12 Championship, best college FB team ever? :woohoo:

Mike
  • Bevo
    I'm good with Kansas State (or everyone else) beating OU. But, in answer to your question, can we agree it's 4:25 and OU still sucks?
  • Bevo
    OK. I get it now that you were referring to Manhattan, Kansas. I thought you were referring to Manhattan as in New York.

So I amend my answer to be: "It's 4:25 and OU still sucks."

Hook 'Em.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    might be a hard ticket to get, as I think it is the last game played in the cotton bowl. doesn't the game move to Jerry world, Cowboys' stadium, in '09. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    I take it OU must kick your a$$ every year hence the hatred. I have favorite teams but don't slam any unless in jest. BTW it's 7:52 GO GATORS
  • Car Wash Mike
    Aren't you glad you got a break in the schedule and don't play us this year? :woohoo: :woohoo:
    freeman_goliath.jpg

You had a little caucasian running around you like crazy the last 2 years. :woohoo: :woohoo: I think he plays for the Packers now.

Mike
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    The Red River shootout, eh? The State Fair is usually going on at that time, too. Have fun if you can score some tix!
  • I have been trying to go to this game for years, but the cheapest tickets I can find are about 300 a piece. I think another year is going to go by without getting to this game...
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Since the 'horns will be coming off a loss at Colorado the week before, and another a couple weeks before that at the hands of the Hogs....and will be looking forward to another loss to Mizzou the following week - you be patient and a bunch of students from Austin will sell their tix for beer money and a ticket for the ferris wheel.

I can probably get you tickets...but you won't like the price. I have quite a few friends that are season ticket holders in Norman, big boosters, and can get their hands on OU tickets for anything.
  • mattm
    mattm Posts: 56
    If you can swing the ticket prices, it is a really fun game to attend. The stadium is split between OU and UT and the chants go back and forth the entire game....fun times. They play in the Cotton Bowl thru 2011 and I think that when it moves to the new Cowboys stadium, much will be lost in the transition...namely the smaller venue and the state fair all around you. Try to go in the next 2 years or you will likely miss much of what you are wanting to experience!!

I am one of the lucky ones. I get sideline passes to this game and it is a great experience. Took my son in 2005 and he got all the UT players to autograph a UT football, and got his picture with Vince Young...very cool since that was the year they won the National Championship.

You can get tickets at the game...you will have to pay to get into the TX state fair and then you can maybe find someone to sell some tickets. Don't buy them outside the fairgrounds or you may be disappointed.
  • Do you have any idea how much I could get them for on the fair grounds?
  • Three words

TEXAS IS SUCK!
  • I agree. You can usually get a ticket at a decent price after the game has started.
  • probably 100 to 150 each. Go to the game, eat some fair food, and wait till almost game time. You will get some tickets.
  • great thank you very much!!!