Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless leg of lamb--direct or indirect

Options
Aron
Aron Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 2 lb. boneless leg of lamb in my fridge that I plan on cooking tonight (within 2 hours). I plan on using the method from the Wise One's cookbook for balsamic/garlic/rosemary lamb that calls for butterflying the lamb and grilling at 350-400 for 12 mins per side. Any ideas on whether this should be direct or indirect, or direct with a raised grid? Thanks.
Aron

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Aron,[p] I do my boneless legs indirect at 350° until they reach 150° in the center. Comes out perfect every time.[p]Good Eggin',
    Jim

• Aron
    Aron Posts: 170
    Options
    JSlot,
    Thanks--I did it indirect, a little higher temp (about 375-400) and took it off at 145. It was my best ever by far--had only done them in the oven before. If you have the link to the Wise One's recipe book (on the Naked Whiz's website, among others), It's the first Lamb recipe (pg. 69). Only think I did differently was use hickory for smoking instead of mesquite. Fantastic.