Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nothing beats a well oiled breast . . .

Options
Central IL Egger
Central IL Egger Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
. . . of turkey from the local market. I must admit that by the time I'm done picking the carcas clean, we have plenty of leftovers of sliced meat for the next day!
EVOO, Seasoned salt, and pepper. KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)
IMG_0014.jpg
2 hours at 350-ish, internal temp 170, and it's . . . well, perfect
IMG_0017.jpg
I made a mess bringing it inside on the cutting board it was so juicy
IMG_0020.jpg
The family went shopping, so it was just me . . . and Pumpkin.
IMG_0024.jpg
And no she didn't make it to the bird before I did.

Comments

• Klag
    Klag Posts: 208
    Options
    Haha, looks great! I love the last picture with the kitty :)
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    Great looking cook, nothing like a big juicy breast to make a man happy. :whistle:
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    It looks great and did the cat get any of it? A couple of times I left a roast and a turkey on the counter and our siberian got to them needless to say there wasn't anything less for us to eat.
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    Iam happy to report that both Pumpkin and Sara, (Sara not pictured) enjoyed the turkey as much as I did. It's amazing how many posts I read each day without responding, but gain a lot of knowledge and get to know fellow Eggers. Keep up the good work, I am thoroughly enjoying, and supporting the site!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Mark,
    IMO so many of us benefit from most all of the input on this board. Of course some of it is repiticious, but there is always that tad of input that stays with us - even subconsciously that pops in to an awareness later. That is what I love about this board!
    BTW thanks for your comment about my stuffed peppers!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    And I was out eating some Mexican carry out while you were feasting like a king on that bird!! Looks fantastic!
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    OK the thread title got me to look and the oild breast did look great but will check out your future post if for nothing else but the last pic. Animal lover and classic!!
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Unless it’s two or more…When feeding the clan!
    Your breast looks really good…And yes simple to do too!
    My first cook on my Egg was smoking a turkey…It was the best I had ever done, even though I had been doing them for better than 20 yrs. on a Webber type kettle.
    The Egg really is a great cooker!
    And the forum certainly seems to be a wonderful place to get and share ideas and information!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Nice breast! The grid extender was nice and shiny, too--gotta do some more "experiments" to get that thing nice and blackened :) LOLCAT was looking pretty hard at that turkey up on the counter, too!