Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking whitefish

Options
J Appledog
J Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I smoke a lot of salmon and glaze it with grade B maple syrup. On Wednesday I am smoking a load of whitefish from the Beaver Island, MI waters. I was thinking about glazing it with Limoncello. Anyone have a better (or different) idea?

Julie

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I have a bottle of Pannini Limoncello and ,IMHO, it is too tart for a delicate fish. Lemon juice and dill is OK. Maple is always great and nice and sweet. When you get done smoking, this appetizer is great with many types of fish,

Appetizer, Fish, Smoked, Pate

INGREDIENTS:
    1 Lb. Fish, Smoked
    1 8- Ozs. Cream Cheese
    1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
    ½ Cup Pecans, Chopped
    ¼ Cup Parsley, Chopped
    2 Tsp. Grated Onions
    1 Tsp. Horseradish
    ¼ Tsp. Salt

Directions:
    1 Remove skin and bone from fish. Soften cream cheese. Combine cheese, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, salt and fish. Mix thoroughly, chill..Combine pecans and parsley.
    2 Shape chilled cheese into log or ball. Sprinkle with pecans and parsley. Serve with crackers.

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Seafood

Recipe Source
    Author: Unknown

Source: Richard Howe
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i would try something with mustard...

do you have a good source? :whistle: :P

here is a glaze that i would try:::

Sauce, Glaze, Mustard, Ham Steaks

4 each boneless ham steaks
    5 Tbs brown sugar
    1 Tbs dry mustard
    1 tsp onion salt
    2 tsp soy sauce
    2 tsp lemon juice
    1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
    1 can pineapple slices, (8 oz)

1 Combine brown sugar, dry mustard, onion salt, soy sauce and lemon juice, mixing well. Simmer sauce five minutes, stirring occasionally.
    2 Place ham steaks on grill three to four inches above medium coals. Cook 30 minutes, turning steaks every five minutes and brushing with sauce. Serve steaks with a sauce. Garnish with heated pineapple slices, if desired.
    3 Source: "Best Barbeque Recipes" by Mildred Fischer
    4 Posted to the BBQ List by Carey Starzinger on Aug 02, 1996.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Sauce

Recipe Source
    Source: BBQ List

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• J Appledog
    Options
    That looks good. My pâté recipe is a little different. I'm using about 8 pounds of what I'm smoking for pâté.
  • J Appledog
    Options
    Interesting! Thanks.