Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Franchise

Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I probably should be asking the HQ on this, but I figure someone may have already tried and can post some feedback.
Seeing how I have convinced several people I have met to buy an egg, I was thinking what it would take to open an egg store in my area. Does anyone know how they feel about starting another location?
Just a thought for now....

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Wardster,
    I think most of us Eggheads have thought about doing that at one time or another. I know I have. "Build it and they will come..." is probably not a good enough business plan to make it work. I wish it was that simple. I would be in business right now. Sorry to bust your bubble but I think it would have to be more for fun than profit.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Wardster,
    I dont know how to post the link but if you will got to the BGE home page and click on the contact us tab then it will take you to a screen at the top left on how to become a dealer. Hope this helps and good luck. Pigtail

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Wardster,
    `I think this is what your looking for.
    Larry[p]Becoming A Big Green Egg Dealer or Distributor[p]Currently, only established retail dealers in Lawn & Garden, Outdoor Furniture, BBQ Grills, or Hearth products are being considered for Big Green Egg dealerships. Dealers may purchase in quantities as small as 8 cookers.[p]Distributors must purchase in truckload quantities — approximately 250-300 cookers.[p]If you feel you can meet these requirements, and are interested in a dealership or distributorship, please contact:[p]Lou West
    E-mail: National Accounts Manager
    Phone: (404) 321-4658

• Wardster,[p]I am not trying to rain on your parade - just help with the reality check, ok?[p]The EGG is a very unique product - focused on a very thin slice of the market. Personally, I think anyone that does not use an EGG is missing out on a great way to cook. But reality says most people think gas grill when "BBQ / grill" is mentioned.[p]Completely un-scientific methods here - start asking friends / co-workers, etc., what they cook with. I'd bet ya a cold one that most (8/9 out of 10) would say standard gas / charcoal grill. Maybe one or two use a smoker. There are tons of different types smokers[p]I work in a building with over 300 people - to my knowledge, I'm the only EGG head. The poor, suffering masses, to be sure.[p]Barbeque Galores (3 stores) here in town quit carrying anything but the large EGG. I had one large and wanted a medium. They would not order - so I bought another large - and I'm glad I did. But the point is that this store chain has limited support for the EGG - and there are over a million people in this county.[p]This proves two things: 1) the masses are very ignorant when it comes to doing it right. :), 2) you would need to open a store that sold lots of different types of grills / smokers / cookers, etc.[p]Just my long winded $.05 worth. Good luck to you in what ever you decide to try.[p]LVM