Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Okay, where do I purchase a small egg - this is frustrating!!!!

Options
Peggy
Peggy Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm so frustrated. I'm trying to locate a small egg to compliment my large. Unfortunately, in Arizona, no one sells them!!! Once place said they would order one, but I would pay $250 in shipping. BBQ Galore, will not consider ordering one. I spoke to the BGE store and they told me the same thing...$299 for the egg and $250 for shipping. This is ridiculous! How do I purchase a small at a reasonable rate? For those of you who live out west, how did you get your small? Is there another avenue to search without paying such high shipping charges. Do you know which stores I could purchase from in San Diego or LA? I could drive there in 6 hours. Is there a reputable web site that sells them? Help me.

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Peggy,
    Talk to Jim Nufer at BGE. He will point you in the right direction to find a dealer that can help you.

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Peggy,
    HALT!
    Stop you unnecesary search. Go to www.soundcedar.com and end this hooplah. How does matched package prices sound? $50 shipping to your local hub?
    I ordered mine from there, and got pretty good service. I got the Medium BGE, Daisy Wheel, Ash Tool, Egg Crate, Cook Book, video, And supposedly a dome temp thermometer, OUT the door with shipping I paid $550. [p]Here are my only gripes with the company. I am a college student, and they neglected to pay proper attention when I specifically told them to mail it to me in CHICO, not at my parents house in ALAMO. I guess they didn't pay attention, or the guy in charge of shipping flaked out, but they sent it to my parents address, not mine. I had been checking the daily progress online, and noticed it was at the hub in Sacremento.... now seeing as how Chico is farther North (1 hour) and they are based in Washinton State, I knew something wasn't right. I gave them a call and they were EXTREMLY helpful and quickly and efficiently altered their mistake and the Egg arrives safe and sound the next day.[p]My only other gripe..... The allegid "Dome temp thermometer" was a meat thermometer that only went up to 220 degrees, which also promptly broke. I called them numerous times about sending me ANY legitimate thermometer and they claimed they were out of the BGE ones, and they would ship one to me right after they got one in. Well, it's been almost 2 months now, and I have yet to see a BGE dome temp thermometer, so I got pissed off and ordered the smalled Primo thermometer..... i've yet to see that as well. So I've been going thru those POS Weber temp gauges weekly like a moron, still waiting for my ghost thermometers.
    Sorry, got of on a bit of a tangent :-) all things said, I would purchase an egg from them again without thinking twice.
    -Joel