Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Capt'n Crunch Wings

Options
Boxerpapa
Boxerpapa Posts: 989
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know it's a yawner, but had to try Cap'n Crunch wings last night.

Why I posted this picture of ground up cereal is beyond me:
328303734.jpg
328303749.jpg
328303759.jpg
328303765.jpg

Came out pretty good. It had a nice sweet flavor to it along with the spiceness of Swamp Venom.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    For me, that's a new one. Corn flakes, mashed up stale English muffins, are known. For all the years the kids were eating the sugar bombs, I never knew the stuff might be good for grown-up food.

Thanks for the post. :)
  • jlspitler
    Options
    can you post up temps and how long and which cap'n crunch you used. . looks good my kid will love them not so sure about my wife
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    ditto that..we seem to have recently lost the art of posting cooking method, temps, recipes, etc...it's a LOT about the pix..but it aint ALL about the pix!! B)
  • Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Options
    Sorry. Used the Cuisenart to grind up about three cups of cereal real fine and pour into a gallon size plastic zip lock bag. Dip the wings in egg (I usually use Egg beaters), then throw the wings in the bag and coat real good. Take the wings out and give 'em a desired coating of spice. In this case, I used Swamp Venom.

Then, I cooke 'em on a raised grill direct at 350 for about 45-50 minutes turning about every ten minutes so they don't burn. I've also used Honey Nut Cheerios, corn flakes and Frosted Mini Wheats (I don't recomend the Mini Wheats although).