Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

12 WEEKS FROM RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
we will be gathering in HOTlanta. ..the ya-yas will be having their luncheon, hatching their plans for beating up on old max at the throwdown on saturday night, talking girly talk, sipping their tea and eating their crumpets and whatnot. ...the boys will be scarfing down chili dogs and frozen oranges at the varsity. ...then off to the various markets to buy provisions for saturday. ...

friday night the meet and greet. ...getting back together with old friends we maybe haven't seen since the last fest a year ago (or maybe another fest in another town) or maybe meeting a friend we've only communicated with through the forum here. ...

then the big day on saturday. ...200+ eggs cranking away with the most unbelievable smells and tastes of the best foods you've ever eaten in your life!!....if you can think of it, you can cook it on an egg, and chances are, someone will this day!!! . . . and 1600 of your best friends there to sample and share with you!! ...

then saturday night in the parking lot. ..possibly the best party of the year. .. ..

and lets see if we get a chain started right here right now and keep it going unbroken for the next twelve weeks with at least one picture a day from past eggtoberfests. ... i'll lead off with just a couple from last year's festivities. ..

friday night at the meet and greet with smokin todd, a couple of the jerky junkies and hayhonker

009.jpg

and last year's "team alaska"

026.jpg

two years ago, squeeze made a 10 pound hamburger that took up an entire large egg. ..last year it was this 6 foot steak and cheese sub ....what will he do this year?????

022.jpg

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    thanks max it is great to be able to put a face with the forum handle
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    well, hopefully over the next 12 weeks, lots of folks will be posting pics and you'll see lots more of them. .. .
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I can play this game.....the very Varsity you are reffering to..
    DSC00004.JPG

This IS trouble.. :laugh:
    DSC00123.JPG

Not real sure why I took this shot... :evil:
    DSC00188.JPG

Some people never give up.....All pics from Eggtoberfest 2007.....
    DSC00230.JPG
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I love the looks of anticipation on the faces of those waiting for some of the food...priceless.. :P

BTW...I know the Varsity is a tradition however a few of us from the North Georgia Eggers group just went to Fox Bros. BBQ on DeKalb Ave in Atlanta. I had some of the best beef brisket ever...oh the cute waitress didn't hurt :whistle:

But seriously anybody in town for the fest or otherwise give these guys a try...http://www.foxbrosbbq.com/index.html
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    good stuff wess. ... i have more and i know you have lots more. ..save em and parcel em out over the weeks to come!!!. ...have you and sally made your reservations yet??

btw, are you guys keeping your eyes out for that cougar roaming around college park??
  • WessB
    Options
    :laugh: They don't even know for sure if it is a cougar...but they also aint takin it lightly either....
  • WessB
    Options
    The Max man himself....

ef16.jpg
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    WessB

Are you in Georgia? My wife has a son in Blue Ridge. I am trying to talk her into doing the Eggfest. It is only two hours north. Help me here. LOL
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    wow, that was my very first eggfest at waldorf. ...met all you guys for the first time. ...made a batch of the sticky wings and totally roached that egg (don't know who got stuck with but it was a mess, LOL). . . .but, i was hooked, and haven't missed a trip to waldorf or atlanta since!! . . .
  • WessB
    Options
    Not even close...we are in Maryland...but I'll still try to help in anyway I can...have her check out some of the pics of past fests on my website...
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    nope, i'm in virgina (just outside washington dc) and wess is in maryland (also just outside washington dc). ...but we both come down to atlanta, cause its well worth the trip!!!
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    We were cooking right down from you guys...Look forward to seeing everyone this year.
    Larry
  • WessB
    Options
    Sorry for not getting back to ya last week....it's been CRAZY here lately....got a little free time this afternoon so I figured I'd post a bit....
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    In the Team Alaska Picture who is the gentleman to the right beside RP? I think I came name everyone else. How did Team Alaska get started? Is anyone from Alaska?
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    the guy on the very right of the picture next to randy is mike beer (emandm's dad). . .team alaska was the creation of me and alaskanC (melissa turvey) ...we came up with the idea during the 2007 waldorf fest. ..melissa being from alaska and me having been born in alaska (yes, i was actually born in anchorage) .. .this on the heels of the 06 eggfest when we had the 'texas' team and spring chicken had made me an honorary texan, gave me an honorary texan hat, and i stayed in the hotel with the texas contingent (thats a story for a whole nother post). .. .so we set the rule that for team alaska, you had to either be from alaska, had to have lived in alaska, or had traveled to alaska. .. melissa got kinda crazy and basically invited one and all to join even if you didn't even know where to find alaska on a map ,or didn't even know that alaska was a state in the USA. ..LOL. ...and then S&^T happened and poor mellissa couldn't even make it ...wheww. ..so dats kinda how it all came to be...

so now we are at team dessert, which got hatched last year after the members of team alaska came up with so many great desserts (along with various others like RTD and his bananas foster)...and we said right then and there "next year, we do TEAM DESSERT"....and dats dat!!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Here's some of the crazies. -RP

P1010642Small.jpg
    P1010641Small.jpg
    P1010640Small.jpgP1010639Small.jpg
    P1010629Small.jpg
    P1010626Small.jpg
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    your wife know that you're calling her crazy?!?! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    No big deal Wess it's been crazy here also.
    Larry
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I look forward to meeting so many of you good folks in Eggtober. I'm still a relative newbie so probably will not cook at my 1st fest, but I know I will have fun.
    I am local here in the ATL and was raised not far from the Mother Ship. If anyone has any questions about the area and would like to shoot me an email I would be happy to help.

Ron Baker
    bacchus3266@gmail.com
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    here's a question.. .i'm watching "diners, drive-ins and dives" the other night and guy whateeverhisname is goes to a place called "matthews cafe" in tucker, and i google it and its only like a mile from the mothership ... and it looks really good for breakfast. .. usually a bunch of us do the waffle shop right there on lavista early on saturday morning after we set up our sites at like 6 am . . .but i'm wondering if this matthews place is worth the little extra trip for the local experience ... .
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    :( :ermm: :huh: sniff sniff.....
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Yes, a group of us ate there recently. It is pretty good. A far cry better than the "Awful Waffle" anyday. JK, I like W.H. also. Gotta have those scattered,smothered, and covered hash browns. Anyway, yes you should try Matthews.

Also, I noticed your line above about the "ya-ya"s having tea & crumpets. If you are not familiar, there is "Mary' Mac's" tea room in midtown which is a true Atlanta landmark. Around the holiday's there is a line around the corner for their southern style turkey dressing. One might even run into Ted Turner & other local celebs who frequent.
  • Jerky Junkie
    Options
    Hey Max,
    I can't wait. Booked my room already. They are going fast they said. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Definitely gets me Eggcited about Eggfest. Not sure if the hunkies are going. They are dropping off like flies. See you in October. Sandra
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    hey, good to hear from you!!!! ..always look forward to seeing you down there!. ..given their performance last year, maybe just as well if a couple of the hunkies stay at home :whistle: .we'll still have fun!! :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    more people shots

Eggtoberfest07025.jpg

Eggtoberfest07024.jpg

Eggtoberfest07021.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    max!

i never said i was going this year and you already have me making bananas foster all day in the dessert row! hahaha

eggtoberfest2-005.jpg

hey max, if i can't get a room at comfort suites, can i sleep in your bathtub?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Looking forward to the last one of the year.

bf10.jpg
    bf8.jpg
    bf7.jpg

Don't let the coats fool you. It was a balmy 39. :woohoo:

Mike
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Mike:

You can have that white stuff! That's one of the main reasons I moved to Florida!!!! :cheer: :lol: :laugh:

Very different than what is was in Omaha last year!
    P8180018.jpg

Even had some fans going then!
    P8180015.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    you HAVE to come. . . and sure, you can sleep in the tub .. .or the motel pool, or the back or your truck. ..or someplace. .. :blink: