Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Temp Help

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am smoking a turkey this weekend,something I haven't done since last January. Anyway,I remember last time I let the internal temp go up to 175? The bird seemed a little dry. I think I remember someone saying to pull the bird at 150 internal temp. I am going to brine overnight It will be a 15 LB bird. Anyone have suggestions? What temp to pull the bird? Thanks

Comments

• Grill With Bill
    Options
    Kbsax,[p]Try cooking the turkey on a vertical roasting stand. Place the bird on the stand with the legs up and the breast down. This allows the juices to flow down from the dark meat to the white meat. [p]Bill
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Kbsax,[p]Shoot for 160 to 165.[p]Jethro
  • Kbsax,
    Dark meat may be bloody if you don't take it to 180º
    but you want the breast off at 160º, brinning helps a lot or you can inject.
    Jim

• BobbyG
    Options
    Kbsax,
    Thanks for the great question. I was getting ready to hit the archives from November and took a chance that someone else was doing a turkey in September. My bird has been on for two hours now, probably another 1.5hrs to 165*(from the posts).I too have not done one since last winter and was wondering what temp I pulled at and could not find my note in my BGE note book. I hope your bird turns out great....[p]see ya , BobbyG