Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanksgiving BBQ Turkey

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last year, someone had a recipe for BBQ turkey on a BGE, that I did (along with a fried one)and the family clan really loved it. As I recall, I brimed it and there was a home made sauce (from Martha Stewart's web site)involved. I have searched the archives and my printed recipes and have not been able to find it. The family has asked that I do it again, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out?

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
  • Wise One,Thanks Wise One, that is the receipe I was looking for (same gravy and sauce). I know it will be another good Thanksgiving and hope yours is too.

• noletrain, I'm thinking of triing that recipe.It looks great.I have a short amount of time though.Should I brine for 12hrs and marinade for 12?I only have one day till the party. Is this recipe really spicy? Do you need the gravey to go with it? Thanks

• KBSAX,It is not spicy (I put the spice in the fried turkey) and no the gravy is not needed. I only did a 15lb bird last year and I brimed it over night and then marinaded it the next night. I don't remember how long it took but it did not take as long as the receipe called for (15/lb). It seems like it was completed in about half the time. It was very good.

• noletrain,
    Thanks for the info .Looks like I only have time for a 10 hour Brine and then an overnight marinade. I already made the gravey even though it said to prepare it at the last minute.Should be fine. Do you use any wood chips? I have a pizza stone in the medium egg .I hope enough air gets around the pizza stone.There is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch space around it for air to get through. Thanks for the help.

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    kbsax,
    Be very careful when you open the lid if that is all the room you have around your pizza stone!! I have singed a few hairs with a pizza stone and very little room around it. Make sure your bottom draft is open a little ways and you open the lid slowly.[p]Julie