Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE in the West

Options
Chris
Chris Posts: 148
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It seems that the BGE demographics is heavily slanted to "East of the Mississipi." I guess BGE has a better distribution network in the East. I see a few postings apparently from more western locations. How did you get your BGE's? I have a large but would like to get an additional size. Are there dealers with a more comprehensive inventory in other locations like Phoenix or L.A.?[p]I am in Tucson and the only available outlet is Barbeques Galore but they only deal in the large size. What would be the best way to purchase a small?[p]One benefit is that I'm one of a very few "Eggers" in this area. Friends are amazed at the results I have been acheiving with my egg. I was not known to have any BBQing ability at all until I got the egg.

Comments

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Chris,
    I am from California, and I got my egg from sound cedar (www.soundcedar.com) they "match" prices and will ship the egg to your local hub for only $50. [p]I bought a "package" deal and they sent me everything BUT the dome thermometer. I called them up and asked what the deal was, and apparently they were/are out and they claimed they would send one to me when they got it it..... well it's been over a month and I haven't gotten it. Honestly though, the egg arrived well packed, they were helpful on the phone and they sure tried hard to fix the shipping error they made. (My billing address was different from the shipping, so they had it on the way to my parents house, not mine) All things considered, for the price and overall customer care, I'd buy another egg from them.
    -Joel

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    oh yeah,
    We should try to get an eggfest for the West Coast. Somewhere in Arizona or Cali would be fun.
    -Joel

• Chris
    Options
    Joel Ferman,
    That would be great except I get the feeling that there is not nearly as many Egg users in the Western regions as there is in the East. I might be wrong but there could possibly be a problem getting enough users to support a successful Eggfest.[p]Also thanks for the soundcesar web address.

• Grill With Bill
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]If you get an Egg Fest going in the Los Angeles area you can count me in.[p]Bill
  • Chris,[p]I purchased mine from soundceder.com. They have given service over and above what would be expected...and the best prices anywhere that I could find.[p]Dr. H.
  • Joel Ferman
    Options
    Grill With Bill,
    There are a fair amount of eggers in Sacremento.... I am sure if we tried to make it centrally located, IE in the middle of Cali, I am sure we could get at least 30-40 eggers.... it's a start.
    -Joel

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    Chris,
    Have you tried looking up on the BGE forum where you put your zip code and they tell you the nearest dealers to you?
    Julie

• Chris
    Options
    Julie,
    Yes but it seems that the only distributors in all of Arizona are the Barbeques Galore stores.[p]I will say this, the salesman at Barbeques Galore in Tucson was not trying to push the metal grills. He actually has a BGE himself and did a good job selling me on the LBGE that they offer; which I did buy. He also wishes that BBQ Galore would sell other sizes also. Funney thing is that they carry the BGE Chiminea.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]Some of the Texas group might make it out west. My brother is in AZ so would be a good excuse to stop in and say hi. Any excuse for an eggFest would be good![p]mShark
  • Joel Ferman
    Options
    MollyShark,
    How many people do you think we could round up? When would be a good time to do it? Hey..... this could be a heck of alotta fun.
    -Joel

• Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    Options
    Joel Ferman,
    I would show up if you had one out west. Since I live in Phoenix. I'll be looking for small this Christmas to parner with my large egg. P

• Fireball
    Options
    Peggy,
    Come to Rockford Michigan in Feburary for the 3rd. annual Winter Egg Fest. Michigan is the only place you can go to two Egg Fest per year.
    Fireball