Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quesadilla day

Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Breakfast quesadilla

Scrambled eggs, bacon, onion, salsa, cilantro, sour cream, cracked black pepper and moz & cheddar cheese.

IMG_1135800x600.jpg

Pulled pork q-dillas mas tarde.

Comments

• That's looks awesome! I'm gonna have to try that some time. Thanks for posting. ;)
  • Big Easy Egg
    Big Easy Egg Posts: 191
    You just secured breakfast for us tomorrow morning. I have 10 teenagers (not all mine, 3 mine 7 neices and nephews) in for breakfast. One of my nephews is in from Fort Polk and he can't get over how good food from the Egg is, he will put in for request for dispatch of a BGE, the ARMY will probably order one. We had Fajitas, chicken and pulled pork last night. How long did you cook and did you cook your eggs completely before making them?

Jimmy
    Come visit NOLA
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Sorry I am late for breakfast it sure looks great.Have you ever tried a teaspoon of evoo rubbed on your hands and rub it on the top and bottom of the flour tortillas? It will give you a little crunchy factor along with the dark spots on the flour.You being a fisherman I caught a 15 pound stripped bass this morning and that puppy is going to meet the Egg.
  • Cooked the bacon and eggs before they went on. Did it on my small at around 400 dome indirect. Used parchment paper and pizza stone just like you would with a pizza. Didn't really time it but I would say it was about 10 minutes a side - just till the tortilla gets crispy. My bride an I split one - with ten teenagers you might have to make 2 dozen. :laugh: Bet they would like a few pickled jalapenos on them - maybe some with and some without. B)
  • Actually I forgot to mention the evoo on the outside of the tortillas.

That must have been a good fight. I haven't tried a strippers in a long time - bet it would be good blackened - course I like anything blackened.
  • Big Easy Egg
    Big Easy Egg Posts: 191
    Thanks Frank, the pickeled jalapenos might get them by church time :woohoo: 2 Dozen, maybe I need another Egg :laugh: These are the wifes neices and nephews and I wouldn't want to let her down ;)

Jimmy
    Come visit NOLA
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Cast iron skillet ready to go.Thank goodness for Paul Proudhomme's recipe. That guy will blacken anything.But when you are in the mood that stuff is good.
  • That looks good enough to be in a magazine!
    Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try that soon.

Mitch's Oh Yeah!
  • grEGGor
    grEGGor Posts: 109
    Great idea. We will have to try that!

Thanks for the idea.
  • ViennaJack
    ViennaJack Posts: 357
    They look great, Frank!