Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked sea salt

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was cruising through some of our great egg sites that members have and found this primer for doing your own smoked salt!
http://philcase.com/bge/posts/280204.htm
Very well described and pictures too! Looks like I might have to put this on my to do list! Julie

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    it is on my list too . are you familiar with maine sea salt.?i found some at williams sonoma and liked it. a bit expensive to buy there so i went to the maine sea salt website and bought wholesale.[it does not go bad] i bought a case of the glass jars as well they make nice hostess gifts. if you want to grind sea salt especially if it is damp kyocera makes the only grinder that works... i know i bought all the others and kyocera was the less expensive one.. also anyone want a william bounds sea salt grinder look nice doesn't work. :laugh: i will mail it to you.
    bill
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL Yes I use a lot of Maine sea salt. The gift shop I used to own carried a lot of Gourmet food items and that was one we carried. I alway bought bulk for myself at home. The rep goes by once in awhile and stops in to see if I need any as Our new business is just a mile down the road for our old one.