Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ping D_R_Sharpening

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
welcome Dave. glad to see you here.. do you have an Egg yet?
you will be a wonderful addition to our forum as we all could use your experrtise.. would you like a formal introduction?
bill

Comments

• D_R_Sharpening
    Options
    Hi Bill, thanks for the welcome. I'm not an egger but I sure do enjoy the food that my friend Uncunundrum makes on his. :)

If you'd like you can mention who I am, I won't be offended, but others might be. LOL :laugh:

Take care,
    Dave
  • UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Options
    For those of you who don't know him, Dave sharpens kitchen knives and puts some unbelievable edges on them, both Japanese and German styles. He also sells sharpening supplies.

If you feed him questions, he's a pretty good forum participant who freely shares information, tips, and theory on knife sharpening. Just .... don't ask him how to cook :)
  • D_R_Sharpening
    Options
    Warren is such a good friend that I can't call him a no good SOB for that cooking comment....but you can read between the lines, right? :laugh:

Dave
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i have been fortunate enough to have sampled unconundrums cooks, egged or not...just fantastic.
    looks like he introduced you a bit already..knife threads appear here every so often and it will be good to have your expertise. now we need to get chad on board .. i have been lurking on the other forum and learning...4 day weekend for me so i will finish watching your dvds and have time to practice what i learned. thanks they are really great. we need to get you eggin
    bill
  • Spaceman Spiff
    Options
    Dave - don't be shy. Post your website URL.

Neat to see you here but maybe you could post more here than you have been on the knife sharpening forum.

Miss your voice there.

Spacey
  • D_R_Sharpening
    Options
    What a nice welcome, thanks.

BTW, I was wondering, is it safe to admit that I had a mini Egg on my back porch for over a year and never used it? :)
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    D_R_Sharpening wrote:
    What a nice welcome, thanks.

BTW, I was wondering, is it safe to admit that I had a mini Egg on my back porch for over a year and never used it? :)

a. no, not in public
    b. why???
    c. does warren know this??
    d. how can i help. i love my mini and have smoked cheese at 82, nuked steaks and slo cooked beef short ribs for 5.5 hrs on my mini.
    e. i am not far away will trade mini lesson for knife sharpening lesson. or i will just be happy to help.
    d. feel free to e-mail off line, click on my handle which will take you to my profile where you can send e-mail. i can find yours thru japaneseknifesharpening.com

this situation needs to be rectified!!!
    bill
  • UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Options
    LOL, well, Yes I knew. It was my small (not a mini) and I felt so bad it was being neglected, I brought it home. Now, if he really wanted to use it....
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    do you think we can help him?
  • D_R_Sharpening
    Options
    I might be beyond help Bill. :)