Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

help with scallops and lemon fish/cobia/ling

Options
deepsouth
deepsouth Posts: 1,796
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
tonight i'm going to wrap some scallops in bacon and season with some dizzy pig (recommendations on which one....).

also, what would you put on the lemon fish? should i cook it on lemon or lime slices so it won't stick?

what temp should i cook them at?

also, recommendation on cooking times would be great!

any tips are recommended actually since it's my first time cooking this on the egg.

i guess it would have been easier to just ask one of you to come over and cook it for me with all the questions i asked. LOL

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Fireball II
    Fireball II Posts: 213
    Options
    Frank in Houma may be your best bet for some good recipes for both. may want to ping him.
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    Hey deepsouth....

I would use raging river or shakin' the tree. Depends on what you have on hand.

I like to cook my fish on the egg on the fish grate so it won't fall through. Spray with pam or spread some olive oil on the grate so it won't stick. You could use the lemon or lime slices on the grate if you are looking for that flavor.

I usually like to cook my fish at 300-350*. 10-15 minutes until it flakes with a fork is all is needed.

If you cook, I'll bring the beer B)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    fiver29 wrote:
    Hey deepsouth....

I would use raging river or shakin' the tree. Depends on what you have on hand.

I like to cook my fish on the egg on the fish grate so it won't fall through. Spray with pam or spread some olive oil on the grate so it won't stick. You could use the lemon or lime slices on the grate if you are looking for that flavor.

I usually like to cook my fish at 300-350*. 10-15 minutes until it flakes with a fork is all is needed.

If you cook, I'll bring the beer B)

HEY, are you the same fiver29 i trade beer with?

is the world suddenly getting a lot smaller?

i'm freakin' out man.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Lemon fish I've never done. I do Salmon in foil with lemon onions and butter. It is really good that way. I like Tsunami Spin on Scallops. The Raging river is good for Salmon. I was cooking these around 500 as we also were cooking some steaks. Some in a pan with butter and the others on the disposable grid. I like the grid ones better. A bit more 'crunch' on the outside and oh so delicious on the inside.

Fromtheseaoffire.jpg
    Scallops.jpg