Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's Brisket - Thoughts

BoneDaddy's
BoneDaddy's Posts: 257
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to put on a brisket late tonight for a 3 pm BBQ tomorrow. I was thinking of a mustard rub with a DP Dizzy Dust sprinkle. For a mop I was planning on a beer and vinegar concoction (sp?). If I run around 225 for 16 hrs (8#'er). Will I be done in 16 hrs?

Thoughts?
Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering

Comments

• Hitch
    Hitch Posts: 402
    Should be no problem, but give yourself time to let it sit for a couple of hours. I like my brisket to sit for 2 and my butts to sit for 4. This was if your timing is a bit off, you have the wiggle room.

Good egging! Have a great weekend!
  • You should be ok but cook to temperature of 195 to 200 deg. temperature and not rely on time. I don't bother with mopping, just rub it with what seems good, put it in the egg and don't look until the thermometer says it's done. I usually wind up cooking at 240, seems what the egg prefers.