Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Digi Q in the winter question

Options
Vincent Chase
Vincent Chase Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am interested in picking up the Diqi QII system for some over night cooks.

One of the reasons I bought a BGE was because it can be used in the winter while retaining good heat properties, and I was wondering if it would be possible to use this system in the winter (I live in MA) without any problems? For what it's worth, I will probably drag in the Egg into my garage so it wouldn't be exposed to any snow, but the cold temperature is what I'm concerned about.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    dont be concerned about the temps be concerned about co2 poisning if you pull it into your garage

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    keep it out side and tough it out. (safer too) If I can do it with ours here in Maine then you can in Ma! LOL
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Digi Outisde = good

Egg in Garage = bad

Just cover the Digi control unit with a ziploc bag or something to keep moisture out of it and it will work fine (says the guy in GA where cold is anything under 40)
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I thought Vincent Chase lived in LA not MA.

:blink:

Greg
  • Kew_el_steve
    Kew_el_steve Posts: 354
    Options
    Hard to relate when it's 95* and 90% humidity here in Florida... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    V.C.

That's probably the best time to use the DigiQ! It'll save you from having to get dressed up to go outside and freeze your tail off at 2AM to check on an overnighter. I wish that I would have had one of those last winter...it still gets cold here in Texas. I know that Ross in Ventura has rigged his unit up with some ziploc bags so he can run it in the rain--there's no reason why that wouldn't work in the snow.
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    how is this for an answer to your question!!

023.jpg
    2007_12160017.jpg