Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We rolled in yesterday around 16:00. Ten days, 3017 miles. We stayed at the smaller mom and pops which didn't have internet so the night in Amerillo Tx was the only time I could let ya'll know I was alive. What a blast. It rained 230 miles from Amerillo to Albequrkey NM. Wife bought a BUNCH of jewlery from the Zunnie's in Gallup NM. Next across the Navajo nation into AZ for Monument Valley and into Utah. Threw Mexican Hat UT up to Moab UT. Over half the people in Moab are European, 18-40 years old and well off. Lets just say the sights in town were almost as good as the Arches and Canyonland National Park!! :laugh: Moab is the adventure capital of the U.S right now and a weak dollar makes it cheap for all these Europeans to come over and mt. bike, treak, Jeap, raft, repail, ect.
Next it was off to Colorado threw Uray, Silverton and down to Durango Co. Snow still on ground in the high country and storm caught us above 10 thousand close to Red Mt pass. Cold and nasty stuff!!
We were not real impressed with Durango. Real touresty and expennsive. Also not really in the high country like Silverton and Uray. Spent night there then off to Toas NM.
We were in Toas last year and love it. Slower pace than Santa Fe. We love just relaxing at the Toas Peblo. Two days there then time to hook it up back to S. Ark.
Parents took care of everything hear and looked great. Jake is spoilled rotten as he screams all the time if he doesn't get his way but reality is setting in on him as well :evil: !!lol
Working graveyards next 3 nights so with trying to get everything caught up will not have time to Egg but will first next week. Hope everything is well with the forum and my friends hear!! I did miss Ya'll!! ;)

Canyon lands Island in the sky Moab UT.
NewImage1.jpg

Monument Valley AZ.
NewImage.jpg

Outside Uray Co. on side of road
NewImage2.jpg

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Glad to hear you had a good time and made it back safe and sound. That scenery sure is pretty, makes the trip worth it.

That's one long trip 2 up on a Softail. Your wife is probably more beat than you are!
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    welcome back ... glad you had fun... beautiful pics post some more when you can... amazing scenery to some one from the N.E.
    bill
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Welcome back JL. Takes a lot of courage and sense of adventure to jump on a scooter and make that trip. Glad you had a good time with the wife and the memories to go with it. Glad to see you back.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Those are some great pics :woohoo: Glad to hear that you had a good trip,and that you made it home safely.To bad that you have to go right back to work :( Rest up,I'm sure that you need it after that trip ;)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Welcome Back JDL. Glad you made it safe and sound.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Glad to see you back on here. I even kinda missed Jake too! Haha. I hope you had a relaxing time. Pics look great!
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Beautiful scenery. Welcome back home. Brings back some really fond memeories of my riding days.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Welcome home. Spaceship Earth looks great from a scooter doesn't it. Kinda makes you just want to keep on going.

We missed you.

Spring "Biker Wannabe In My Next Life" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Glad you guys are back! Nice that you had a safe trip. Wonderful pick of states to travel, please post some pics when you get rested. Yes Durango is a tourist trap/college town.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    We took over 300 pics. Have them down loaded on my home laptop but have not begain to proof them. These are just a few I burned to show the guys at work real quick and down loaded these three pics real quick to Photobucket. They are still ridding us on internet usage so using it spairingly. Typeing this "off line" then posting real quick.
    This really is an amazing world the good Lord has given us. Pics don't begain to justify it.
    Wife held up pretty well till yesterday. I pounded nearly 700 miles on her Wendsday so yesterday she was slow getting around but for a 41 year old come this past Wendsday, ridding that many miles on a no windshield, stripped down hot rodded Harley, 80 miles an hr across Tx. she done good!! ;) I still say "It's a loooong way across Texas!! :pinch: "
    bill I'll send you some high res. pics soon.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Texas is one long state, welcome back, glad you had a good time. Sorry you didn't get this far west, would have been fun, looking forward to your trip pics. -RP
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Welcome back, man! Glad you made it home in one piece! Did you get your thousand-in-one?

Later!
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    Glad you and wife are ok. Looks like a great ride and post more pics when you can.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Nice pictures - my neck of the woods. Those pictures bring back a lot of fun memories. Did you think to pick up some of that cedar - that stuff makes grate handles for egg stuff.

Moab is a great place to get into the back country and do some camping, and serious jeep'n - white knuckle stuff. Moab is about 4 to 6 hours from here.

When I was in my early 20's we surveyed the roads out of Moab and into the bluff's - amazing country. There is a D-9 CAT at the bottom of one of the bluffs that went off the cliff working on the roads (thousands of feet straight down. They couldn't ever 'fish it out'.

Anyway, sounds like you had a nice trip, glad to hear you back and well... that is a lot of hours sittin in that the 'saddle'.

Kent
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Glade to see you and the wife are back and safe. It sounds like and looks like you guys had a great trip.
    I remember those days ridding and pounding the pavement. Open road is great.