Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Showing off late Father's day gift

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

My wonderful sons went together to get Dad a FANTASTIC father's day gift. A knife roll that carries up to 8 knives.

Here it is totally open with some knives (already had the knives). They only got 4 of the blade protectors.
P7110005.jpg

The flap on the left then folds over the knives and zips closed to give this (a few more pouches for other items & a shoulder strap in the mesh area).
P7110006.jpg

Then it rolls up to a nice carrying size.
P7110008.jpg

Now I'm ready for the next EggFest in style and able to carry some nice knives without damaging them (or me).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• BigGreenDawg
    BigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    Options
    Wow, you look ready to roll up onto an IronChef set. Nice thoughtful gift and nice knives as well, what are the white handled ones?
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning BigGreenDawg:

To tell you the truth I'm not real sure. We got the set a LONG time ago and I don't use them much anymore. On one side of the blade it says "Made in Austria". On the other side it has "STUBAI TIROL" in a symbol of some sort and below the symbol is "ALPENSTAHL-HANDGESCHMIEDET-STAINLESS".

I probably ought to use them a little more, but this way I have some packed and ready to go.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Hey Jay thats a nice looking setup there. I know what you mean when trying to travel with knives. Hey maybe I will see you on Tuesday.
  • BigGreenDawg
    BigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    Options
    You can't go wrong with German (Austrian) knives; to me if it says Solingen anywhere on it I want it. I gotta' get a better look at your egg platform, that thing looks amazing just by looking at your little avatar picture anyway. I just have a large on a large cypress table now but am always considering adding to the family.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Awesome and thoughtful gift dude..the way I see it.. 'they done awwwwright' ;)
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning Mike:

I plan on being there (wherever "there" is). Still waiting on Al to let us know where we are meeting.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Eggtucky:

Yeah, they definitely done awwwwright! Overall the two of them are pretty good sons!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning BigGreenDawg:

You can click on the link at the bottom of the post to get a better look at the Kitchen and how it was developed.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Fencewire
    Fencewire Posts: 34
    Options
    After 2 years of cut fingers, sliced hands and general pain, I went out and bought a knife roll for my tailgating trailer. It holds all of my knives and assures me that I'll never slice a finger again when reaching for a knife.

You'll get many miles out of yours, and it's an impressive thing to roll that out in front of friends.