Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights Eggfeast - stir fry

Mr Beer
Mr Beer Posts: 121
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
stirfry.jpg
<p />Going to try stir fry tonight on the egg. Going to use cast iron skillet. Going to smoke the meat at around 100-150F with hickory before cutting up into strips for the stir fry. As the picture shows I have zuchinni, mushrooms, onion, bean sprouts, cabbage and jalapeno peppers to be fried up with the smoked sirloin.[p]Going to wash it all down with Bell's pale ale.........

Comments

• Mr Beer
    Stirfry.jpg
    <p />Let's try the picture again: Fat fingered the url.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Mr Beer,[p]May I assume that the beer is one of Mr. Beer's beers?[p]Tim
  • Mr Beer
    Tim M,
    No, the beer pictured is not mine. Bell's beers are made by Kalamazoo brewing company in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Larry Bell is one of the most talented brewers that I know - and he makes several beers that are outstanding. He also bottle conditions all of his beers so if you are a homebrewer they are a good source of yeast.[p]Mr Beer

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Mr Beer,
    The brickskellar in DC is one of my favorite spots. They have 3 or 4 hundred different brews, and your post reminded me of one of the best beers I ever had there. It was a Bell's Expedition Stout. Sound familiar?? Somewhere between 8 and 12% alcohol, but incredibly full of flavor.[p]Let us know how the stir-fry comes out.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    homer2.gif
    <p />Nature Boy,[p]Your making me wish the 28th was next week.[p]All this talk about your ribs is giving me an idea. How about ribs for lunch. Dang I love them little devils (yea it shows too). I have never tried Cat's ribs. I wasn't fast enough at Eggtoberfest and never have seen juniper berries except in gin. [p]Waddya think??[p][p]Tim
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Tim M,
    Thats cute,is that a picture of Nature Boy cooking squid at Eggfest 2000.
    YB

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Tim M,
    I happen to have 3 half slabs of Cat's Babybacks in the freezer now. Turbo-Vacuum Marinated them for 12 hours, then froze. I'll thaw them out on the 27th, let them finish their marinating, and I'll put em on at 8 oclock. Maybe I'll give em a shot at 250 indirect, 4-5 hours?? Will that work KOC??[p]Had a brisket in mind, but dang, I have a soft spot for ribs myself. Can you make up some Tanker Tim Beans, or your favorite recipe, to bring along?? We could dump em in my dutch oven, and finish cooking/smoking them on junior.[p]You'll have to email me about your music tastes, so I can have some good CDs cued up. [p]Yeeeeee Ha!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy, nope! But go for it anyway, just be sure to leave them in the egg until you are sure they are tender. The temp will work fine but your time may need to go a little farther.

• Nature Boy, Forget my last post. I mis-read your times. I went to night-school and have a hard time reading during the day. They should do great at that temp and time.

• Mr Beer
    NB,[p]Expedition Stout - wow, what a wonderful beer. I didn't know that Bell's had distribution in the DC area. Never been to the Brickskeller. Every time I've been to DC I haven't had time to stop by and check it out. I however tend to stay away from stores that carry such a large selection because of shelf life problems with the beers. Strong beers such as Expedition stout will have a longer shelf life because of the high alcohol content and the fact it is bottle conditioned but the lower alcohol beers don't store well.[p]Remember: Beer like bread is perishable.....[p]Mr Beer[p]BTW, the stir-fry was awsome. Watch out Shogun and Kyoto.