Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Rib questions

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking 6 racks of beef ribs in my large tonight, I have never done this many and am looking for advice? I will be using the inverted place setter. Any ideas on times, and temps for this indirect would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    New Egger,[p]Beef ribs are not a big favorite on the forum. I have done a few racks over the years and I think everyone here will agree you need to cook LONG. 6-7 hrs is not uncommon at 250-300 deg. They are greasy and long cooking allows them to render themselves of it. You can't hardly hurt them but cooking too short yields a real tough greasy meat. [p]I have some pictures and how to stuff on my website that you might enjoy, look under BEEF.
    http://www.tm52.com/bge/

[ul][li]Tim's cookbook[/ul]
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    New Egger,
    Here is a link to some great step by step photos of how to cook beef ribs....[p]Well, thesmokering.net had a good walk through, but it seems their server is down. If you email me, I can send it to you. billyandmichelle.ward@verizon.net

Apollo Beach, FL