Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody boating with their cooker?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I like to boat. Like to cook. Like to eat. It would be fun to do all in one fell swoop (with a ceramic of course). Anybody use their egg while boating? Is there hardware for rail mounting (similar to magma grills)? Also, how hot does the base of your egg get (say on 600d cooks)?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• Wade, I can't address the hardware issue, but I can tell you that the base of the egg gets HOT. I think you'd be alright if you rigged up something in the way of bricks or even small paving stones to set your egg on. Assuming your boat is fiberglass, you'll definitely need to come up with some such barrier. Granted, these bricks are pretty heavy (I don't know how big your boat is) but you can get them in various sizes.[p]Egging on a boat sounds like an awesome time, good luck to ya.

• Gooba
    Gooba Posts: 26
    Options
    I already do that.I have a pontoon boat that I mounted one of my egg nests to.Took the wheels off and reinforced the floor and bolted it down.I put the large in the nest and strap it down into the nest for travelling to the water.I will start the egg before we get started if I am doing a long cook.Once the meat is going,we take off and have our fun on the water,and wherever we are at when it is done,we stop and eat.We always have people coming up to ask what that great smell is.We are usually the center of attraction and end up as party central.