Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apple City Baby Backs

Options
Kelly Keefe
Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
QBabes awesome looking ribs from last weekend motivated me to try this recipe from Smoke & Spice. Results were pretty good and I'll definately try this one again.[p]I DID play with the recipe a bit. When I went to put the rub together I discovered I was out of onion powder and didn't feel like going to the store. So I threw a raw onion on the coals and I think the result was similar. QBabe also said two things about the sauce. First that it didn't thicken as much as she thought. (Mine didn't either) Second, she thought some minced apple would be good in the sauce. I used dehydrated onions instead of minced fresh but the sauce was still a bit runny. I was going to add some apple but forgot to get one. Instead I added a dollap of applesauce. Good stuff but I think I'll let it simmer more next time to thicken a bit more.[p]I'd say try this![p]Kelly Keefe
Jefferson City, MO

Comments

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Kelly Keefe,[p]I make this one often and add some Dutch Apple yogurt after applying the rub.[p]I let the sauce simmer for quite some time to thicken it.[p]Stogie
  • Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Options
    I saw those ribs and they look great. Where can I find the recipe?[p]Tom

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Freak,[p]It's in a cookbook called "Smoke and Spice" by the Jamison's. We got ours at Books A Million but I'm sure it's available at lots of other places too. It's also listed on this home page, under the products section, then look at the cookbooks listed.[p]Definately well worth having...![p]QBabe
    :-)

• Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Thanks - I found in on Amazon for $8 and hit the 1 click order. Probably will see it next week sometime. Thanks for the info.[p]-Tom