Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Pork Loin Dinner

Options
run4jc
run4jc Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry Gang – I’ve gone kinda nuts with posting the leftover theme. Still, it seems worthwhile – truth be known, one of the positive things about Egg cookery is the creativity it seems to encourage.

This post is of a dinner made up of leftover pork loin, baked potatoes and corn on the cob, all cooked on the egg!

Here’s the leftover loin – there’s actually still 2 ½ pounds of loin wrapped and in the ‘fridge.

IMG_1685-1.jpg

Trimmed it and cut it up

IMG_1686-1.jpg

Put it in the Cuisinart

IMG_1688-1.jpg

Chopped it up and added chicken broth

IMG_1690-1.jpg

In keeping with the leftover theme, this is lump on it’s third use without adding any ‘new’ to it. I simply pull off the top large chunks, put them in a chimney starter, put the starter over a turkey fryer burner (looks like a jet afterburner) for a couple of minutes then dump it in. I stir the lump to make sure air can get to it. No smoke – close up and watch it quickly hit 250 then level it off. Darn efficient use of fuel!

IMG_1692-1.jpg

Cooking at 240

IMG_1693-2.jpg

Add baking potatoes with 2 hours to go

IMG_1696-1.jpg

Add homemade sauce with an hour to go

IMG_1697-1.jpg

Meat Looks Good

IMG_1701-1.jpg

Remove the meat and add corn

IMG_1699-1.jpg

Dinner is ready!

IMG_1703-1.jpg

Gotta love it……..

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that looks great!!! what is it you were actually making besides leftovers :laugh:

that looks like something that may be good to make the green chili i have been wanting to make.... but too scared about the family's reaction :whistle:

here is the link to it

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1998/06/green-chili.html

yes i have been reassured that it is great but still it is green and i am not that big on green things to eat and i know the boy will never even try it so it has seemed like a big waste to me.... maybe when football season is back ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• run4jc
    run4jc Posts: 107
    Options
    Man - that chili recipe looks great. I can't wait to try that - and I will.

My 'leftovers' weren't really - the only things leftover were the pork loin and the lump charcoal.

:laugh:

Pizza last night from leftover meat - more good pork meat from leftover pork loin.

I can't wait to make green chili with pork butt meat!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    bee sure to take more pictures B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb