Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs

Options
cigarstock
cigarstock Posts: 61
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good evening everyone !
I'm still learning. My ribs (prepped Carwash Mike style) have been on almost 3 hours. I've read where some take off and wrap in foil for an hour and then put them back on but direct with the sauce. My wife wants sauce and as she is going thru major illness and has a taste for nothing, I am trying to please. She did not want any apple flavor added. (chemo ruins your taste).
Thanks and for help in past...you eggers are great.
Rick

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    You have mail for next time, this is probably to late to help.

Mike
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Best wishes for your wife. Our prayers are with her.
    Pat & Wendy
  • cigarstock
    cigarstock Posts: 61
    Options
    THANKS to Mike, Pat and Wendy. She did eat 3 ribs and a couple of bites of silver queen corn on the cob.....which was a lot for her lately.
    Everyone on this forum has been so helpful and I can't wait for a recovery so I can get involved and meet all you fine people.
    Once again...THANKS !!
    Rick
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    You might get in touch with Jerry Pournelle, an author and microbiologist who is also battling cancer. He's taking a medication that boosts his appetite...here's a recent blog entry (he's the original "blogger"):

And I fear I am exhausted, but it feels pretty good to be tired and hungry. Dr. Wang prescribed a liquid formulated for AIDS patients that restores appetite, and it worked: whereas the very thought of food used to make me ill, now I eat with gusto, and in fact I should be careful or I'll gain too much weight. I am up to 202 pound (from 193 low point) and this is about the weight I want to stay at, so from here on I'll be more careful. There was food aplenty at the 4th of July Parade, but I was reasonable about what I ate. Time to start being abstemious (which I was not yesterday).

LINK

God bless and take care, CS.