Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much $$ for used small BGE?

J Appledog
J Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My neighbor wants to sell us her small BGE. How much should I offer her? It's a couple of years old but only cooked on maybe a dozen times.

Thanks!

Julie

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    2 pork butts, 3 slabs of ribs, a couple of steaks and a veggie tray. :whistle::whistle: . Wish my neighbor had a small, thats my next addition.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Well in these parts a small retails for $359 plus tax. I'd say $250 if they really want to get rid of it, though $225 isn't a slap in the face either!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    $200 gets my vote, if in exellenct condition. If left uncovered.....$150.
  • FlaPoolman
    My dealer is ordering me a small with his next order
    (about 5 weeks out) with the nest for $320
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    of course you're about 1,500 miles closer to Hotlanta than I am!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FlaPoolman
    My dealer and I are good business friends. He sends me a lot $$ of remodel work and I sell a bunch of eggs for him ;);) .Plus he gives me employee prices for everything. Won't say what he sold his demo to me for with the table but it was less than I spent rebuilding the used one I got.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,738
    a little less than half seems fair to me, there is no warranty for a used egg. if its been outside with no use for a long time i would do a long low and slow just incase some moisture has been built up inside the ceramic. did she give an idea of what she may want for it, it may be less than you think giving that she didnt like to use it much. the egg i use the least is the one that has the most damage to it.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    $100.00 and some of your GREAT smoked salmon...hahaha

Larry
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Good idea, Larry, but I just sold out of salmon. It's a tough call because she's a friend. But she really wants us to have it...
  • authentic
    authentic Posts: 39
    Just ask her what she wants for it?
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Like someone else mentioned, the warranty only applies to original owners. Of course if she is your friend you could always ask her to make the claim for you. If it were me, I would wait until she brings it up again, then say, "oh I forgot about that, sure I will take it off your hands for a couple hundred".
  • CaptGrumpy
    CaptGrumpy Posts: 58
    I paid $250 for my small with the nest & cover from an Egghead in SoCal and had a friend & neighbor that happened to be 20 minutes from the egg in Huntington Beach at the time the deal was made. Fortunate for me he brought it home over 400 miles for me for just dinner.
    I would say $175 - $200 without the nest and $250 if a nest & cover comes with it.
    p1010047.jpg
    Get a plate setter for your small and you are set. It makes a great addition for traveling as well as to the patio kitchen! :whistle:
    Remember that you don't have tp travel to find this deal so you are not investing gas and miles on your vehicle.
    Nice find! B)
    Personally I would start at $150 and not act guilty like you were committing highway robbery. The economy is getting tight and you are getting it out of her backyard for her! :whistle: